If you find that your business has been struggling to keep up with your competitors, you find yourself being out-maneuvered by your competition, or if your business is located in the middle of a competitive field, you may want to consider opposition research which is otherwise known as “oppo”.
What is opposition research?
Opposition research is defined as an investigation into the dealing of your competition. This is the act of studying one’s competition in order to use this new information to outsmart their competition. It is important to have a sense of what your company is up against. This practice can benefit your business greatly.
Some benefits of opposition research include gaining insight into the competition’s strategies, weaknesses, and strengths. This information can be found in the company’s content, keywords, outlets used to market, target audience, job description, articles, social media, forums, and more.
How is this research conducted?
Some of the most common opposition research strategies include the following:
- Study your competitors thoroughly to discover the inner workings of their businesses. This can assist you in potentially outsmarting your competition.
- Implement new ways to market your brand. It is important to learn your band and develop its image.
- This can be done by generating creative content, staying with the trends, and developing themes
- Think of employees as brand ambassadors. Use your team to promote your business.
- Find a niche in the community where your business can market.
- Get involved in your community and help. This will also gain their confidence and trust in you as a business owner and your business as a whole.
- Interact with your clients and customers as often as possible
- This can include offering deals and discounts, using social media to keep them up to date, and hosting local events.
If you have a small business, you too can benefit from opposition research by analyzing the other local competitors. Competition is among even the smallest of businesses, including pop-up shops, freelance artists, and vendors.
Another great outlet that opposition research can open is social media monitoring. This is a great way to conduct this research as it can provide powerful insight into a business and how it promotes itself.
Our team of skilled investigators at Advanced Investigations can help conduct opposition research on behalf of your business. Give us a call today to get started and to learn more about what we can offer to ensure you have to tools you need for success.
Contact Advanced Investigations
If you are someone who requires a private investigator, you can turn to us. For years, Advanced Investigations has been helping individuals achieve the peace of mind they deserve and need to go on living happy lives. No matter your circumstances, contact Advanced Investigations today so we can help.